so 和 therefore 是两个非常实用的连接词。我们可以使用 so 和 therefore 来谈论某件事情的结果。 so 通常出现在句子的中间，而 therefore 则出现在一个新句子的开头。相较于 so，therefore 更加正式。
It was raining, so I stayed at home.
It was raining. Therefore, I stayed at home.
So I stayed at home, it was raining. （错误）
和使用 because 来表达的意思是一样的。
Because it was raining, I stayed at home.
She was tired so she went to bed early. 她累了，所以很早就睡了。
The train was delayed. Therefore, we were late for the meeting. 火车晚点了。因此，我们开会迟到了。
We were hungry so we stopped for a snack. 我们饿了，所以我们停下来吃点心。
The children were muddy. Therefore, they had a bath. 孩子们浑身是泥。因此，他们洗了个澡。
so 和 therefore – 练习题
更改句子，使它们包含 “so” 或 “therefore”，而不是 “because”。
1. Because she was hungry, she had lunch early. (so)
2. Because it was freezing weather, we stayed inside. (therefore)
3. Because the house was dirty, he cleaned it. (so)
- She was hungry so she had lunch early.
- It was freezing weather. Therefore, we stayed inside.
- The house was dirty so he cleaned it.